You have successfully installed Stock Firmware on your Huawei / Honor EMUI phone using TWRP recovery. If TWRP asks if you want to root your phone, choose “Do Not Install”. It’s best to flash the latest version of SuperSU yourself rather than having TWRP do it for you. Island/work profiles/parallel apps cannot backed up because TWRP cannot distinguish between encryption profiles, only user 0 is decrypted by default.
- If you accidentally format or factory reset your Android device with internal memory only (no external SD card), then it is pretty tricky to restore the default settings.
- You need to select a reliable tool to backup the ROM on your Android device.
- TWRP is available for almost every android device out there.
- The second method is by using RUU zip file (stock ROM) and the third method is by using TWRP backup.
These include the data, system, vendor, boot, among others. So if your device gets bricked or boot looped, you only need to restore this backup and the device will be up and running. Adb backup system image is a command used to backup your Android device’s system image. This command is useful for making a copy of your device’s current system image, which can be restored if needed. We hope this guide will help you install custom ROMs on any Android phone using the ADB sideload command.
- To obtain the stock boot.img file, you must first extract the Asus stock ROM file.
- For example, you can save your photos or videos, music, and especially the backups of your Android phone.
- In such a scenario, you can reinstall Android OS and all default drivers on your phone or tablet for a flawless and better Android experience.
- Choose your backup and the parts you want to restore (it’s all selected by default).
This is because of the plethora of customization features it offers, and it does so without any loss in the stability of the ROM. Evolution X merges various code snippets into one main project to bring a long list of features for many devices. While this does mean that updates come a little slower, they are still able to deliver regular updates.
In order to backup system data, rooting is an important way that must be done file firmware stok rom to your Android device. You could directly get the boot and vendor_boot.img files from here without downloading the firmware.